10 Commandments of Healthy Eating – from TNT Adventure Obstacle Course and TNT Fitness Results
by: Melissa A. Schmidt, Owner, TNT Adventure Obstacle Course
Recently the Young Professionals of Fond du Lac group visited TNT Adventure Obstacle Course and TNT Fitness Results for team building, some kettlebell instruction, and general information on healthy eating that we pass along to our own TNT members who are looking to clean up their diets and start on a lifestyle of healthy eating. The combination of exercise and dietary changes are of utmost importance if one is looking for lasting results. After all, we can out-eat any workout benefit in a matter of a few short minutes if we decide to eat an entire pizza or down a pint of ice cream. We at TNT Fitness Results know that people don’t like to hear what they should not or cannot eat, so we created 10 rules or “commandments’ as a guide to focus on what you should be adding to your diet. The philosophy being that if you truly assimilate into your lifestyle the following 10 changes, you will have far less room and desire for the foods that prevent you from your health and wellness goals.
As a re-cap, here are the “TNT 10 Commandments of Healthy Eating”:
- Exercise 4-6 times per week
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in oz of water each day
- Eat 2 fruits per day
- Eat 4 cups of vegetables/day
- For carbohydrates: 1 gram of fiber per 50 calories of carbohydrate (ex: slice of bread has 120 calories and requires 3 grams/fiber per slice)
- Increase Omega 3 intake and eliminate hydrogenated oils (no trans fats)
- 1/3 to 1/2 body weight in grams of protein daily
- 8 hours of sleep
- Use supplements to help with 1-8
- Keep a journal for commandments 1-9
TNT Fitness and TNT Adventure offer classes in functional fitness and an outdoor obstacle course boot camp. You can learn more by checking out www.tntfitnessresults.com or www.tntadventure.com. You can also call the TNT phone at 920.251.4481 for more information or to book an appointment for a group team-building experience that incorporates wellness and fitness into your visit.
Find A New Confidence